So do you already know where you are going on holiday this year? It’s the beginning of the year and there are a lot of early bird discounts WOEHOE. I really would like to go to Miami, North Carolina or Curacao, but it depends on my boyfriend. Maybe I can give you an idea when I tell you about my travel story to Indonesia. Me and my boyfriend booked a 16-day group travel Java-Bali through the travel agency FOX.
We were very enthusiastic, because it was our first trip with a group. Our guide waited at the airport of Jakarta. She held a sign which we recognized her from. We had a group of 30 people, I know that’s a lot. The travel agency FOX had everything organized well such as hotels, food and drinks, transport and day programs. So here are my highlights:
- Impressive Dutch cemetery Pandu. Just located outside Bandung. There are a lot of Dutchmen who passed away during the occupation of Indonesia by Japan. Very impressive!
- Fun angklung music school in Pak Ujo where Javanese children make music and sing (this was optional). We danced with the children. It was so much fun!
- We visited the famous temple of Borobudur.
- We visited the museum at the Kraton, the palace of the Sultan and a batik factory.
- We visited the impressive Java Prambanan Hindu temple complex, which is on the World Heritage List.
- At night we saw an unforgettable sunrise with a nice view at the Bromo Vulcano.
The last four days we went to the Kalibaru in Bali. We made our own program, such as visiting the Tanah lot temple and the monkey parc in Ubud. Beyond that we enjoyed a lot of the sun, sea and sand. I only recommend you this if you want to see a lot in a short time. It can be very exhausting, because you have to get up early (WAKE UP CALL) and the program is quite intensive. You also sit a lot in the bus or train. But the service was very good and I will never forget our guide. She was so friendly and funny!
Until next time 🙂